Who are 'the friends'?
. . . a group of people who raise money for the school, usually known as a PTA (parent teacher association), but we are named 'The friends' to include parents, guardians, friends, grandparents and teaching staff.
The friends committee meets once every term to discuss, and together with the school governors and head of school, plan future events and to decide how to allocate any money raised.
- To promote a close working relationship between parents, staff, children and the community.
- To raise funds to complement the school's resources.
- To help with activities which support the children's education.
This is achieved by a variety of means such as:
- The school fete
- Cake sales
- Coffee mornings
- Various evening/weekend social events (e.g. school picnics, skittles evenings)
- Gift wrap sales / tea towel sales / other sales
- Christmas raffles / Christmas fair
How you can help?
If you would like to join the committee, or to just come along to one of the meetings you will be made very welcome. We would love to hear from you if you have any new ideas for a fund raising event or an activity. You don't have to 'join' the committee - you could just organise a one-off event. The friends have charity status (Charity number 1045575) and welcome any donations.
The friends can be contacted via the school office.